Saturday, November 7, 2009

Poor Puppy

Last month, I discovered a small lump on Seinka's chest. I was pretty worried about it, especially since he's getting to be an old man! So I called the vet and got him in for them to look at it. Luckily, it turned out to not be cancerous, but the vet did recommend getting it removed in the somewhat near future. She also said it would be a good idea to get a thorough cleaning done on his teeth since that's a hot spot for bacteria to gain access into a dog's body and create major problems (I didn't know that!). So we made the appointment for last Thursday. I dropped him off in the morning (that was actually a little hard for me... he's always been so healthy, I've never had to leave him at the vet's before!) and was instructed to call back about lunch time to check on him. Of course everything went wonderful. Seink's such a trooper. When we picked him up that evening, he was all excited, not the least bit lethargic. However, when some blood started dripping from the surgery site, I have to admit I embarrassed myself and almost passed out! Whoops. But he did awesome. He's had no lasting effects from it, he's not scratching at it and it's definitely not slowing him down! The vet has even called to check on him and see if we had any more questions. I was so impressed with them, if anyone in Spokane Valley needs a good vet, Valley Vet on Sprague is the way to go. Their prices are reasonable and their care for him was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment