Saturday, March 26, 2011

West Side Trip-Album #1-Whidbey Island

Just by random chance, I happened to receive 3 days off of work in a row during Trav's latest vacation..... so we decided to take a drive to the West Side. My grandma Rose hasn't been doing very well lately, so now was the perfect time. We took Austin out of school and headed over. We stopped by Whidbey Island first, to do some sightseeing (I lived here for about 7 months when I was in 7th grade).......
These windmills seem to have popped up everywhere recently. I thought they looked so cool, esp with the blue sky contrasting with the whiteness. They're huge! I'm sure I looked like a moron hanging out of the window as we zoomed by, but oh well! Anything for a picture ;)


Coming up on the pass




Seinka checking out all the scenery


At the Mukilteo Ferry landing, crossing over to Whidbey Island



On the ferry's bow


A totally dug the ferry rides (he didn't remember the last times he had been on them)



If only!

The booming metropolis of Coupeville, the town I lived in for a blink
My middle school

Our old house (it's gotten a little run down since :( )
The Coupeville wharf

A was such a great sport for my gazillion pix


Starfish! Do you see Gary??
The "waterfront"..... obviously the tide was out!


The best ice cream ever! We come here every time we come to Whidbey
My dad's old stomping grounds. Notice the OPEN gate? Crazy

We went to a really cool restaurant in Oak Harbor called Flyers. The whole place was dedicated to pilots & planes. Much of the deco/artifacts were those of the grandfather of the owners. This was one of the art pieces. Too cool!
Walking the beach in Oak Harbor
A's first find


Drawing a Jolly Roger, duh
All done

Crazy kid

At least he's a little cute....

Skipping some rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment