Saturday, October 30, 2010

Austin's Class Halloween Party

Yesterday was a little bittersweet for both Austin and me. It was his class Halloween party (oh sorry, HARVEST party!). Luckily his school is one that still allows the parties. We have to call it Harvest, but they can wear costumes (actually all day, w/o masks), and do Halloween things. The four of us on the PTO board arrange all the money for the parties and organize all the room parents. I happen to be Austin's again this year, so I planned his party and ran it (with Trav's help since it was on a Friday). Austin's last one!!! Since he's off to middle school next year, there will be no more holiday parties. :( So we went out with a bang. I didn't get a very good response from the parents in his class, so I pretty much did it all myself. The kiddos had two games, Wrap a Mummy (the kids pick someone to wrap with toilet paper and Mrs D picked the "best" mummy), GHOST bingo and of course lots of treats and Halloween music. Luckily, a few parents showed at the last minute, so it went wonderfully! Since Trav & I both had the day off, we actually spent the whole day volunteering in the class (I've been doing it twice a week this year for a couple hours each day). I absolutely love working in the class, it's so fun working one on one with these great kids. On Friday, they even had a record number of them pass their "Times" test, which is one of the things I'd been working on with them. Austin included! AWESOME job Mrs. D's kiddos! It was fun day, and Austin really had fun, esp since he was one of the mummies!
Scream!!!
Enjoying some goodies
It's a mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment